Before you begin the project of organizing your closet, ensure you have the right tools and supplies. Don’t just jump in after a long day of work, it’s a big project. You’ve got to do a little preparation and find a few hours in your calendar to commit to this process. It’s best what you’re going to do with clothes you choose to get rid of before you start, then prepare by gathering these helpful tools to make the project go smoothly.
- Bags: Use sturdy bags to transport clothes once you’ve decided on them. If you don’t have bags, boxes will do.
- Tape measure: You’ll need to measure the space. Don’t forget pen and paper to jot down measurements.
- Full-length mirror: To help decide if somthing is staying or going, get a mirror for a full picture.
- Basket: A place to put all the odds and ends you find in your pockets and closet, so you can sort them later.
There are some additional tools that aren’t needed, but could make your closet easier to work with once it’s organized, such as:
- A step ladder to make it easier for you to reach the top shelves.
- A double hanger will make better use of storage space in the closet.
- An over-the-door shoe rack can create the perfect place to store shoes and accessories.